Welling United 4-1 Tavistock AFC

The Wings made it through to the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round after a professional display against Tavistock AFC

Welling created the first opening when Nathan Green crossed for Bradley Goldberg but he headed directly at goalkeeper Josh Oak.
Shortly after The Wings did go ahead Green played a defence splitting ball to play in Goldberg and he smashed the ball across Oak into the bottom corner.
The away side tried to respond and Brown headed wide from a cross by Ben Cross before Welling doubled the lead. Green again playing in Goldberg and he took advantage of a defensive error to clinically fire home.
Just five minutes later, Goldberg completed his hat-trick when the Wings striker slotted home from close range.
Just two minutes until half time The Lamb’s grabbed a lifeline, Jack Crago cut in from the left before curling an effort past Wilks into corner.

However immediately after the break Ben Cross had a rush of blood to the head and produced a two footed tackle on Danny Waldren. Referee Callum Walchester producing a straight red card.

Oak produced a great save to deny Goldberg from a header, Widdrington then fired an effort well over.

Tavistock were then reduced to nine men. Josh Robins leaving his mark on Dymond as Walchester produced the second straight red card of the game.

Sub Josh Oyinsan had a goal chalked off for a foul before Oyinsan did grab a goal and The Wings 4th. The ball falling kindly to Oyinsan in the box and he fired home from close range.
Goldberg and Jebb both had shots saved late on as Welling run out comfortable winners against the nine men of Tavistock.

Next Saturday Welling return to league action when Hampton and Richmond Borough visit Park View Road.
Welling United: Wilks, Dymond, Anderson, Widdrington (Jebb 68), Swaine, Okosieme, Cook, Waldren, Goldberg, Coombes (Oyinsan 68), Green (Cosgrave 68). Subs not used: Copeland, Agyemang, Rich-Baghuelou.

Attendance: 491

Other Articles

Match Highlights | Tavistock