Slough Town 1-0 Welling United

Welling succumbed to defeat at high flying Slough Town on Tuesday and whilst it was an improved performance from Saturday they once again failed to land a glove on the home side as The Wings finish the month of October without failing to score a league goal.

In a first half were chances were at a premium for both sides the game was fragmented with a lot of stop start not allowing the football to flow.

Warren Harris eventually had the first shot of the game on the half hour mark as a long ball found him at the back post but he dragged his shot just wide.

George Wells then shot wide as Slough tried to up the tempo.

Max Worsfold should have put the hosts ahead on half time the ball falling kindly for him in the six yard box but he blazed over.

New Welling signing Nwachuku had The Wings first attempt in added on time but his turn and shot went wide.

Not even a minute into the second half and Slough should have gone ahead, Worsfold was played through but Dan Wilks stood firm and saved well with his legs.

Matt Lench then headed wide as the hosts really ranked up the pressure.

So it was no surprise when Slough eventually broke the deadlock through sub Ben Harris, Worsfold produced a sublime cross that was perfect for Harris to powerfully head past Wilks from close range.

Warren Harris then almost doubled the lead but he fired over.

Finally with 5 minutes to go Welling registered their first shot on target as Connor Dymond tried his luck from range, but The Wings nearly stole a point when Nathan Green connected with a McCallum cross but Turner saved well with his legs. Jay-Rich Baghuelou then headed over from close range as The Wings finished strongly but it was too little to late.

Welling are on the road again as they travel West to face Chippenham Town.

Welling United: Wilks, Ming, Anderson, Dymond, Swaine, Rich-Baghuelou, Widdrington (Waldren 66), Agyemang (McCallum 80), Cook, Nwachuku (Cosgrave 66), Green. Subs not used: Copeland, Coombes.

Other Articles

Striker signs on