Dorking Wanderers 2-0 Welling United

Welling suffered defeat in Surrey on Saturday, it was a tale of two halves for The Wings but ultimately some clinical finishing proved the difference between the sides.

Welling started brightly and for certainly the first 20 minutes were by far the better side.

Chori Johnson who impressed at right back done well to get into the Dorking area and his cross was cut out before it could reach Emmanuel. Huk then made an outstanding double save, first to deny Cook with a close range save and from the rebound he somehow kept how Emmanuel with an equally impressive save.

Antony Cook fresh from scoring two free kicks in successive games then brought out another save from Huk as the keeper pushed the ball away as the ball was heading in.

It was all Welling and they were playing some nice football and this time Goldberg shot low by Huk made a routine save. Having survived the sustained pressure, Dorking slowly came into the game and Beard puts Muitt in behind the Welling defence but Muitt lobbed his effort over the bar.

However in the 25th minute Muitt didn’t need a second invitation after a defence splitting ball send him clear he shot across Wilks and into the bottom corner.

However Welling nearly found an immediate response, this time Huk made a great save from Agyemang.

Welling went in at the break unlucky to be behind, however the second half they failed to build on the bright half as Dorking controlled the game. Muitt who was a a thorn in the Welling side all game shot just wide early on in the half. McShane then went even closer with a shot that he dragged just wide of the post. Muitt curled an audacious effort over the bar from distance. On the hour mark though Dorking went further ahead, Dymond lost possession cheaply which allowed former Welling loanee Jack Barham to break free and he tuck the ball past Wilks.

Welling tried to get back into the game but after Coombes missed with a brave header from a dangerous Cook free kick, the game drifted away from them and Dorking almost wrapped the game up in the last minute but Wilks made another fine save to deny Briggs.

Welling now enter a really hectic December which begins at home to Hemel Hempstead at PVR on Saturday.

Other Articles

Commercial Manager Appointed