Welling United 1-0 Bromley

Welling made it through to the semi finals of the Kent Senior Cup where they will face neighbours Charlton Athletic. A marvellous Harry Crawford 40 yard lob with 7 minutes to go the difference between the sides.

The goal was perhaps out of keeping with the game which was at times played with a pre season tempo.

Rhys Murrell-Williamson had the first shot of the but his effort was saved by Flitney.

Alex Cathline could have done better when the ball fell kindly to him as he shot wide.

Murrell-Williamson then forced another good save from Flitney as the Wings got on top of the game.

In a rare Bromley attack Blair Turgott shot straight at Chris Lewington. Turgott followed up his effort by using his pace to get free before striking a low effort wide.

Flitney did well to smoother at the feet of Cathline as the Wings ended strongly but without really troubling Bromley.

The second half saw Bromley come out with a bit more tempo and a cross come shot from Turgott was a warning shot for The Wings.

Lewington had to be at his best to prevent for Wings loan man Tobi Sho-Silva

Welling survived the storm and Vas Karagiannis missed a superb chance as the ball fell to him from a Murrell-Williamson’s cross but he complete miscued his shot.

New signing Arel Amu made Flitney make a smart save denying him with his legs.

The goal that won the game came 7 minutes from time. A quickly taken free kick on half way from Bromley broke down and the loose ball went straight to Harry Crawford. The Wings man spotting Flitney off his line expertly chipped the ball from 40 yards to lob Flitney and score a fabulous goal. The first Welling have scored for three games.

It was enough to see Welling through to the Semi Finals and face near neighbours Charlton Athletic at Park View Road.

Welling United: Lewington, Fish, Brown (Amu 50), Fuseini, Hayles, Leacock, Murrell-Williamson, Crawford, Cathline, Karagiannis (Milton 79), Richards.

Unused Substitutes: Hart, Agu.







Start a Conversation