- Three more signings for the Wings
- Rickie Hayles Wings in from East Thurrock
- Pierre Joseph-Dubois joins the Wings
- Bobby Devyne signs from Enfield
- George Allen is Mark Goldberg’s latest signing
- Bermudan international Jonte Smith signs
- Wings add four
- Wings announce retained list
- Welling 0-3 Boreham Wood
- Bobby Moore Fund collection on Saturday
Day signs centre-back from Arsenal
- Updated: May 20, 2014
Welling are pleased to announce their second signing of the day with defender Zach Fagan joining from FA Cup winners Arsenal.
Fagan, 19, is a centre-back who featured at both under-21 and under-18 level for the Gunners, having been at the club since the age of 10.
He joins the Wings on July 1 on a permanent basis having been released by Arsenal.
Welling boss Jamie Day, who earlier in the day completed the signing of Ben Jefford, is clearly deciding to bring in younger faces as he freshens up his squad for the second campaign at Conference Premier level.
“He is a strong defender with a good background who I have kept an eye on, especially in the last few months of last season,” said Day.
“He is a good size but is also mobile and can pass and play. He’s another player that I’m excited about working with and trying to improve and develop.”
Fagan ended last season on loan at Boreham Wood.